The Mighty Boosh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mighty Boosh

A forum for all mighty boosh fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Last of the Karate Kid

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

The Last of the Karate Kid Empty
PostSubject: The Last of the Karate Kid   The Last of the Karate Kid EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:54 pm

Ok so I wanted two movies today. Well more like one and a half.
They were The Last Airbender and the new Karate Kid.

So I had heard that Airbender wasn't all that great but I decided to check it out for myself. I am quite a fan of the cartoon... take that back. I LOVE the cartoon. But this movie lacked so much that the tv show has. I mean the acting just seemed really bland, and it didn't have that humor that the show has. It tried... but failed horrible. The move just kind of dragged. Honestly... I didn't even finish it. -_- Don't get me started on the mispronunciation of the names. I mean for God's sake it was a CARTOON the names were said IN the show... how can you mess that up???? And I honestly wasn't really happy with the Fire Nation. Something just bothered me about the fact they weren't Japanese. *shrugs* so anyways... I HATED it. I give it a 1 out of 5.

Then I watched Karate Kid with my mom. Once again another movie that people said wasn't that great. I don't really know who these people were that was saying that.. but maybe they watched the wrong movie... maybe they accidentally saw Airbender. Cause this movie was lovely. It was witty and very sweet. Maybe I'm biased cause I love Jackie Chan, but this was a really REALLY cute family movie. I have never seen the originals (or I might have and just don't remember) but my mom has and she loved this movie as well. It wasn't a remake of the movie like the thought it would be at first. It is it's own movie... but taking the slight spine of the originals and forming a whole new animal. But I really loved it and would definitely see it again. I give it a 4 out of 5.

I might start doing these and just posting them here in the random section. I don't really have anything else to do during the day... so hmm. I guess if you have a movie that you are thinking about seeing.. I'll review it for you? Or I'll just do them on my own. XD
Back to top Go down

The Last of the Karate Kid
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mighty Boosh :: Off topic :: Randomness-
Jump to: