The Mighty Boosh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mighty Boosh

A forum for all mighty boosh fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**

Go down 
+3
suzispooky
TheHitcher
TheChosenOne
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** Empty
PostSubject: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 11:10 am

Ok so basically... this is just my little ranting this about this. I don't really have a blog... and if I did... you guys are basically the only people who would know about it anyways. So I'm going to post this here.

Now let me start off saying I do honestly like Miley Cyrus. I think the media has pushed and pushed her into the category of drugged out crazy young stars. Basically because Britney Spears has cleaned up, Jamie Spears has had her baby and is doing fine, Lohan is just a broke record that no one cares about anymore because she isn't doing anything new... (into rehab out of rehab into rehab out of rehab JAIL JAIL JAIL JAIL) But that's another story.
Basically the media has been out for Miley ever since those pictures of her and her friend making kissy faces and sharing a sucker. Every step Miley has take has been magnified by 10000 times by the media.
And people have just started following her with the mob screaming "Slut skank whore!!" and she hasn't done anything to really provoke that.

One of the many things that made me mad was at the VMAs she "poled danced". I have seen the video... there was no pole dancing. She was on a moving cart that had a pole that she held on to so she would fall on her face. Last time I checked holding a pole, singing, and doing one little dip doesn't = pole dancing.

And recently in her music videos, and live shows... she hasn't worn anything worthy of being labeled the way she is. I mean I saw her perform on the Fuse music thing. Her outfit, while it might have been lingerie (God that is a weird word to spell) it was a one piece. I mean I've seen worse from younger in swim suits. I mean REALLY!? And even in her music videos. Sure she is starting to show mid driff, she's almost 18. Honestly if I had her body and I was famous, I'd probably dress the same way in my music videos/live shows.

Miley is no longer a Disney kid. She is growing up. She is almost an adult. Children might have looked up to Hannah Montana, but Miley is NOT Hannah. And parents need to realize, she doesn't have to stay a children's star for the rest of her life. She can grow up. I mean if she wants to dress like Gaga and do a duet with her, she has every right to do so. She is finding herself now. She is trying to discover who she is, and who she wants to be.

And now time for me to use my one low blow.... You didn't see parents in an uproar and boycotting High School Musical when Vanessa Hudgen's nude pictures leaked... TWICE. I mean even at the Teen Choice Awards Dane Cook made a joke to her, "You have got to learn to keep your clothes on." People raged at him. He was speaking the truth... even though it embarrassed her, and was infront of alot of young children, but still.

And now I leave you with this lovely video...

Hooray.. that's the end of my rant. This was basically brought on by the fact Taylor Momsen (who just turned 17) flashed her fans at her recent show, and everyone is saying the same thing... So Taylor can flash her fans, but Miley is still a slut?
XD

None of this is meant to offend anyone, I doubt it would though lol. And if you actually read all this, then wow thanks.
Back to top Go down
TheHitcher
Admin
Admin
TheHitcher

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:07 pm

I did read it all, i am not a fan of miley because i don't like her style of music.....
Back to top Go down
https://themightyboosh.forumotion.com
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:15 pm

Oh that's cool. lol.
I was just having to rant lol. It wasn't directed at anyone here at all. Like I said, I just wrote it here cause I don't have a blog that I like to use.
Back to top Go down
TheHitcher
Admin
Admin
TheHitcher

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:19 pm

I never use blogs.
Back to top Go down
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I would love to have a blog... but when I try, I just don't have anything to say.
Back to top Go down
TheHitcher
Admin
Admin
TheHitcher

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:29 pm

No one would read mine, so it would be a waste of time.
Back to top Go down
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Eh. You could still write it, use popular tags, and eventually who knows, you might get a huge following. You never know.
Back to top Go down
TheHitcher
Admin
Admin
TheHitcher

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:37 pm

yeah but i am not really into blogs.
Back to top Go down
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Fair Deuce.
Back to top Go down
TheHitcher
Admin
Admin
TheHitcher

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:43 pm

lol i think we went a bit off topic.
Back to top Go down
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah, very true lol.
Back to top Go down
suzispooky
Newbies
Newbies
suzispooky

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:24 am

I'm not a fan of Miley, but I agree with he fact that she's almost 18.
People just make big deals out of little things.

Although I am a fan of Taylor Momsen. And her flashing at a concert isn't anything really new. Everyone does it, practically.

Although I did hear Miley insult Taylor Momsen, saying all she did was 'walk around in her underwear'. (or something like that)
That brought it to another level for me. I would pick Momsen over Cyrus any day music-wise, looks-wise, career-wise... everything.

I'm just not a fan of Miley's, but I think she should be able to do what she wants without scrutiny, but with the way things are, it won't happen.

I just think Miley shouldn't insult Momsen when she's dressed up in her underwear, too.

/rant

haha
Back to top Go down
http://suzannekek.com
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 am

I didn't know Miley said that. That is pretty rude.
Honestly I haven't ever heard Taylor Momsen's music... but I did LOVE her hair when it was straight on Gossip Girl... I even had my hair like that for a bit.
Back to top Go down
TheOneWingedAngel
Moderators
Moderators
TheOneWingedAngel

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 6:55 pm

I like some of Miley Cyrus's music; I can't say I like it all though, her newest songs are a lot better than her original ones and she's using her voice a lot better than she used to. And I agree with you, she's only trying to distant herself from disney. I wouldn't want to be known as a disney star forever either. She's just trying to attract a new age group and different fans.

And I like Taylor Momsens music. I don't listen to a lot of it. But what I have heard is still good.

Note: I didn't even see this topic before ahah.

Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** _Lovefisher__by_Seiorai
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~thefallenangel24
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Haha it's all good Angel. Very Happy

I actually like some of her songs too.
I always find it funny that people are like, "She can't do THAT she's Hannah Montana... small children look up to her."
She's not Hannah anymore... And so if you want your kids to look up to some phony idol... then just let them listen to Hannah... and watch Hannah, but explain that Miley has grown up, and started making grown up music. You are the parent... YOU ARE IN CONTROL! XD
Back to top Go down
booshbabyxx
Newbies
Newbies
booshbabyxx

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't mind Miley, and I get the whole idea behind what she's trying to do, but I reckon it was rushed into. To me, it seems like the minute Hannah Montana was over, she immediately went out 'sexed it up', for want of a better term. I just reckon that someone so famous like her and with a demographic of fans like her, perhaps she should have thought about what she was doing and maybe eased herself into her new image.

I do like her new image though, and her music is much more mature and easy to listen to.

Smile
Back to top Go down
TheOneWingedAngel
Moderators
Moderators
TheOneWingedAngel

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 1:20 am

Exactly what I think Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~thefallenangel24
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:51 am

booshbabyxx wrote:
I don't mind Miley, and I get the whole idea behind what she's trying to do, but I reckon it was rushed into. To me, it seems like the minute Hannah Montana was over, she immediately went out 'sexed it up', for want of a better term. I just reckon that someone so famous like her and with a demographic of fans like her, perhaps she should have thought about what she was doing and maybe eased herself into her new image.

I do like her new image though, and her music is much more mature and easy to listen to.

Smile

That is really true. It was just kind of *poof* here I am. I am NOT NOT NOT NOT DISNEY, I AM NOT NOT NOT NOT DISNEY. And everyone was like... "Oh my god what has hannah done!?" And I'm sitting there... "Ummm she's not Hannah anymore... she has nothing to do with Disney. I don't think some people realize that Hannah Montana was filmed quite a while BEFORE it is aired. I find it funny how Disney was still trying to give the appearance that Miley was with them, but all her "Hannah" music videos that actually SHOWED her are clips from the show... and from live concerts... and anything else was the back or very blurred from of a double. I was like... awww look at Disney trying to fake Hannah. XD Yes.... I do watch Disney....
Back to top Go down
neverthrive
The Boosh Nerds
The Boosh Nerds
neverthrive

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 6:36 pm

it's kind'a funny 'cause i read this and i really didn't have any comment on the topic at the time, but a few hours later i watched some stand up commedy and the performer said that hannah montana is a stripper. i don't like that whole genre of music, but yeah, i get your point.
Back to top Go down
The Moon's Other Face
Newbies
Newbies
The Moon's Other Face

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 7:45 am

One has a bong the other a fiddle Embarassed
How should we read this riddle?
Are these role models? Or is that not their job?
Is it just how they go about making a bob?

A career built on pandering to children
Should they be responsible and if so when?
Sitting in mansions or in a luxury jet
All bought on the proceeds of children you can bet
all those who where fans through childhood
payed for their lifestyles their expensive food
so do they owe something in responsibility?
Or are they just teenagers, free to act silly?

This Moon is old, its heroes were bold
They didn't do things like these two do
How is a Moon to judge from up high?
I don't I just look down and watch the sky rolling by.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**   Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic** Empty

Back to top Go down

Momsen vs Cyrus. **quite a serious topic**
Page 1 of 1