The Mighty Boosh
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mighty Boosh

A forum for all mighty boosh fans

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Members of Deviant Art!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneWingedAngel
Moderators
Moderators
TheOneWingedAngel

Members of Deviant Art!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:46 am

I recently got an email from them. I'm wondering, did any other DA users receive this?

-------------------------------------------

Silverpop Systems, Inc., a leading marketing company that sends email messages for its clients, told us that information was taken from its servers. This was probably part of a sweep by spammers. As a result, email addresses belonging to deviantART members were copied. Corresponding usernames and birth date may also have been removed.

We can assure you that nothing occurred on our systems with respect to this incident and no access was gained to private information on deviantART’s servers.

As a member of deviantART, you certainly have a right to know when an incident of this kind occurs. Unfortunately spammers are an unavoidable part of living on the Web.

The likely result of this event might be an increase in spam to your email. Experts have told us that there is an increase in email scams out there on the Internet and you should be cautious. Only click links or download attachments from people you know, particularly if they ask for personal information, and be sure that your email service provider has adequate spam filters.

Because we value the information that members give us, we have decided not to rely on the services of Silverpop in the future and their servers will no longer hold any data from us.

--------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~thefallenangel24
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 5:36 pm

It seems like something they would send to all their members.
I think it's nice of them to let you guys know what is going on and that they have precautions in the event of spammers getting into the site.
Back to top Go down
TheOneWingedAngel
Moderators
Moderators
TheOneWingedAngel

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 6:48 pm

Yeah I thought it was good too. I wonder if any other websites I've joined undergo things like this and never tell us...

Members of Deviant Art!!!! _confused__by_masterddd
Back to top Go down
neverthrive
The Boosh Nerds
The Boosh Nerds
neverthrive

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 7:08 pm

i'm a deviant art member, but i didn't recieve any such mesage.
Back to top Go down
TheOneWingedAngel
Moderators
Moderators
TheOneWingedAngel

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 pm

Thats odd. I got it in my email, not my DA messages, if thats where you checked. Or maybe the spammers didnt get your email address so they decided not to email you. Unlikely though...
Back to top Go down
neverthrive
The Boosh Nerds
The Boosh Nerds
neverthrive

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 2:13 pm

i don't think i got it in my email iether, but it is possible that i just deleted it without reading it first.
Back to top Go down
TheOneWingedAngel
Moderators
Moderators
TheOneWingedAngel

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:30 am

ahah i do that a lot myself. I get so many stupid emails that i just end up deleting them all without paying true attention to them.
Back to top Go down
TheHitcher
Admin
Admin
TheHitcher

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 5:39 pm

I forgot which email i used when i joined DA lol.
Back to top Go down
https://themightyboosh.forumotion.com
TheChosenOne
Charlie Bubblegums
Charlie Bubblegums
TheChosenOne

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

TheOneWingedAngel wrote:
ahah i do that a lot myself. I get so many stupid emails that i just end up deleting them all without paying true attention to them.

I do that too. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members of Deviant Art!!!!   Members of Deviant Art!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Members of Deviant Art!!!!
Page 1 of 1